Summer Day Camp 2021 Update!!
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, we ARE currently able to offer Summer Camp with some new restrictions. The state is now requiring that all children and staff wear masks while inside the buildings. We will strictly follow all the State mandated guidelines; smaller groups, frequent hand washing and disinfecting. We will have all special events here on site this year just as we did last year. We will post updated information to our Facebook page as it becomes available regarding the specific special events and their cost.
Please call if you have any questions in regards to our program. Let’s have a SAFE and Fun filled Summer. SIGN UP NOW!
Offering 10 Weeks of Summer Camp
June 14th to August 20th 2021
Full Day Summer Camp Ages 6-12
Pre-School Camp Ages 4 & 5
Swim Lessons, Intro to Karate
5 Day Pricing; Ages 6-12 ~ $180 5 Day Pricing; Ages 4-5 ~ $190
**Sibling discounts available for 3 children **
Koinonia is offering 10 weeks of Summer Camp starting the first full week that students are out of school for the summer. Camp is available Monday through Friday. Ages 4-12 full day camp is available from 8:30 am. – 4:30 pm. Early drop and late pick-ups available. Our Summer Camp registration forms are available to download (below) or hard copies can be picked up in our office. We look forward to another wonderful summer! CT License #168.
Koinonia offers summer day camp every summer!
We are a licensed camp (#168) by the State of Connecticut and are a fun alternative to childcare for your children. Children have a new activity every 45 minutes, daily recreational swim, including many sports activities (kickball, badminton, volleyball, street hockey, basketball, wiffle ball), swim lessons (at an additional cost), parachute, art, weekly special events, archery (ages 8 and up), moon bounce, and more!
2021 Special Events
2021 Special Events to be announced, still pending.
All campers need to bring their bathing suits, towels, a lunch (will be refrigerated) and a snack (we have snacks and drinks available in the office for sale).
If you would like your child to have money to spend at the snack bar, please bring it in an envelope with your child’s name and any restrictions (i.e. no soda or $1.00 per day). Please bring any and all money to the office so children do not lose it. Children must wear sneakers to camp. No sandals allowed. If children arrive at camp with sandals, parent will be called to bring appropriate shoes. Please label all personal items (hats, towels, lunch boxes, shoes, water bottles, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.)
Special events (cost varies) and swimming lessons ($45) are not included in the price of camp and will be an additional cost per child.
What Can You Expect from Koinonia
- Weekly Fire Drills
- The state makes two inspections per season.
- Pool tested and logged three times daily.
- Full time First Aid personnel (21 & older) certified in Basic First Aid & CPR.
- All staff is CPR certified.
- CT licensed physician on call.
- Written agreement with Day Kimball Hospital for treatment, if required by campers.
- Facility inspected by Fire Marshall.
- Water testing done by a licensed agency.
- Waterfront director (at least 21 years old) lifeguard certified.
- Camp Director certified by the State of CT.
- Camper/Counselor ratio for all other activities 12:1 for campers age 6 and older. For ages 4-5 ratio 9:1.
- Archery Director certified by the State of CT.
- Camp director & assistants hold college degrees.
- Any verbal complaints of aches including stomach, head, ear, throat or eye will prompt our staff to notify parent immediately. Decisions as to whether the child is to be sent home will be reached at that time.
- A strict Zero – Tolerance policy is adhered to.
- What is our policy regarding overwhelming HEAT? If the temperature reaches 95 degrees, the campers will play indoors where we have cooler temperatures. At 90 degrees, we might plan to play outside in the morning, and then gauge the campers’ abilities to be outside the rest of the day. If we do stay outside, we alter the schedule to include a lot of water play type activities.
- Koinonia, and its staff, is mandated by the State of CT to report any suspected child abuse or neglect.
We are a licensed camp #168, by the state of Connecticut.
- Pal Promo and Early Registration Rates – 2021
- Registration Form 2021
- Child Pick up Policy
- General Release Form
- Permission to Treat & Zero Tolerance
- Child Abuse and Neglect Policy – Parents
- Non Prescription Consent and Medication Policy
- Day Kimball Hospital Consent Form
- Authorization of Medications by Doctor
- Field Trip Permission Slip-2021
- Summer Camp Contract 2021
- Summer Camp 2021 Policies and Fees
*We also require a copy of a physical not more than 2 years old & immunization records for each child.
All Forms Are to Be Completed And Submitted
Koinonia School of Sports…offering a family friendly atmosphere where you and your children can enjoy gymnastics, swimming, karate and much more. Summer camp located in Thompson, CT.